The Social Dynamics team at Nokia Bell Labs Cambridge (UK) is looking for summer interns to work on the following internship projects (http://researchswinger.org/hiring.html)
- The Language of Love. Learn the typical markers of different types of social exchange from large corpora of text. Enrolled in PhD in NLP or related fields. Experience with Python, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Big Data Analysis.
- Tracking Well Being with Mobile Sensing. Develop mobile sensing solutions to obtain physiological readings and build models to measure psychological well being. Enrolled in PhD in Computer Science, HCI or related fields. Experience with Python, Machine Learning, Mobile and Wearable Development.
- The Social Life of Cities. Investigate how the urban space shapes our social relationships. Enrolled in PhD in Computational Social Science or related fields. Experience with Python, GIS tools, Network Analysis.
- Healthy City and Human Behavior. Investigate how air and sound pollutions affect human behavior. Enrolled in PhD in any computational field. Experience with Python, GIS tools, and Geographic Studies.
- Look from Above. Investigate the usefulness of satellite data for discovering intangible urban properties such as dwellers' happiness. Enrolled in PhD in Computer Science, Geography, or related. Experience with Python, Computer Vision (experience with Deep Learning Models is a plus), GIS tools, and Web Development.
- Exploring Causality in Well-being Data. Study observational social media data reflecting emotional support online and explain causal relationships. Enrolled in PhD in Computer Science or related fields. Experience with Python, Machine Learning, Causality, and Web Development.
To learn more about our research, please check our sites: researchswinger.org, lajello.com, goodcitylife.org, sanja7s.space, comarios.com, and sites.google.com/site/keadamzhou.
If you would like to apply, please send me your application in pdf format with the subject line „Internship 2019“ to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 27th, 2019. Your application will be used solely for the purpose of selecting internship candidates and will be deleted as soon as the selection is complete.