CFP: 10th Forum Media Technology 2017
St. Pölten, Austria
November 29-30, 2017
Audiovisual, interactive and mobile media interweave with our everyday life. In almost all our areas of life, they change our behavior and affect our perception, thinking and feeling. The Forum Media Technology (FMT) aims for an intensive dialogue of experts working at agencies, studios and production companies with students, lecturers, researchers and developers. Contributions are sought for the 10th Forum Media Technology, presenting current results of applied research and development, new theoretical and scientific findings or case studies, projects, formats, services and prototypes in digital media technologies.
To foster the exchange between various disciplines in the huge field of digital media, the Forum Media Technology intentionally puts its focus on a wide range of content and on interdisciplinary dialogues at the intersection of new technological possibilities, creative design as well as economic, social and cultural framework requirements. We invite submissions which address one of the topics of the conference (see more details in the attached PDF):
- High Dynamic Range Video Production, Postproduction and Technologies
- Content Development and Production
- Mobile Design (Development, Trust, Privacy, Learning)
- Digital Media Experience (Game Design, Serious Games, Experience Design)
- New Forms of Media Use and their Analysis
- Innovative Audio – New Applications for Music, Sound Design and Sonic Interaction
- Interactive Visualization and Data Analysis
- Multimedia Modelling, Retrieval, and Machine Learning
- Digital Archives and Cultural Heritage (Acquisition, Analysis, Applications)
- Ambient Assisted Living and Digital Healthcare
- Smart Engineering and Industrial Internet
- Technology-based Business Models
PAPER SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
Papers should describe original and unpublished work on the above or closely related topics. Please submit your paper electronically at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/FMT2017/.
Contributions can be submitted in German or English. The mandatory oral presentation must be held in English. Forum Media Technology allows submissions in three categories:
- Full paper: Full papers should report substantial, completed, and previously unpublished research. The length limitation is 5 to 8 pages excluding references in the FMT conference paper format.
- Short paper & Project showcase: Short papers are appropriate for reporting smaller experiments, surveys, on-going work, and late-breaking results. Project showcases cover demonstrations of prototypes, innovative tools, and services. The maximum length is 4 pages excluding references in the FMT conference paper format.
- Graduate Consortium: The FMT 2017 Graduate Consortium is intended to provide an opportunity for graduate and doctoral students to explore, discuss and develop their research topics in an interdisciplinary workshop under the guidance of a panel of distinguished researchers. We invite students to apply for this unique opportunity to share their work with colleagues and researchers in the field. Candidates for the Graduate Consortium should have a clear topic and research approach. Their work should be still in progress and allow for making changes.
A template for full and short papers is available here: http://bit.ly/fmt2017template
Full paper submission: September 6, 2017
Short paper & Project Showcase submission: September 20, 2017
Notification of acceptance: October 13, 2017
Camera-ready version submission: October 29, 2017
Graduate Consortium Submission: November 5, 2017
Graduate Consortium Notification: November 10, 2017